Posted On September 21, 2021
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Our cause speaks to you and you wish to give back to the community? You have experience in warehouse supervision and you are looking for a dynamic workplace? If so, our Warehouses Supervisor position is for you!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Ensures that the receptions of donated and purchased orders are properly received and the paperwork is completed accordingly.
- In collaboration with the Food Distribution Supervisor, coordinates the logistics of the food distribution for the St-Henri and Montreal North Marché Bon Accueil.
- Creates a plan to ensure that the inventory is counted throughout the year
- Conducts weekly inventory counts on different sites
- Ensures the accuracy of the inventory and corrects discrepancies as needed.
- Participates in the preparation of major events (inventory, set up, take down, etc.).
- Loads, unloads, packs, unpacks, counts and moves merchandise, either by hand or with the aid of material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack or other).
- Performs distribution tasks when the Food Distribution Supervisor is absent.
- Perform any other related task.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a position that involves supervision.
- Fluent in spoken and written French; spoken English is an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP system is an asset.
- A forklift certification is an asset.
- Good organizational skills and ability to establish priorities.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to use judgement when making decisions.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to find appropriate solutions.
- Proven communicational skills and ability to obtain the collaboration of others.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Team player.
- Versatile worker (office work and physical work)
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org