Posted On February 4, 2019
Macaulay emergency shelter
1 full time position and 1 part time position
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you help eliminate hunger in Montreal and give a roof to people who don’t have one. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, prevent homelessness for families in the city and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for an inviting work environment that will combine your training as a security agent and a client-oriented work approach? By joining our security team, you become an on-site contact for both clients and employees of the organization. If you like a dynamic workplace and wish to contribute your talents to our great cause, this is the dream job for you.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Maintain order and intervene where necessary to ensure compliance with the organization rules and guidelines for staff, visitors, clients and premises
- Ensure the protection of the premises and intervene in case of emergencies
- Monitor intrusion detection systems using automated alarm or video surveillance software
- Oversee the distribution of medication to clients
- Control access to the building and inspect clients’ bags
- Observe and report on activities or incidents in the building and update registers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Possess a valid licence delivered by the Bureau de la sécurité privée
- Possess a valid CNESST first aid licence
- One (1) year experience in a security position
- Good knowledge of spoken French and English
- Flexible schedule: part-time weekends and night shifts
- Proper and relevant judgment and autonomous
- Excellent customer service skills
- High professionalism
- Ability to work alone
- Management of crisis situations
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*