Posted On April 8, 2021
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you passionate about cooking? Are you looking for a position where you can live your passion while contributing to a great cause? By working as an Assistant Cook for Welcome Hall Mission, you would be a part of the 244 681 meals that are served each year. A warm meal can change a life.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Participates in the preparation and the serving of food.
- Ensures the cleaning of all workspaces and kitchen equipment.
- Participates in the product ordering process and the inventory management.
- Performs all other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of one (1) year of cooking or catering experience is required
- Able to cook for a volume of 30 to 250 people
- A diploma, certification or attestation in cooking or hotel industry (an asset)
- Flexible (rotating day, evening and weekend schedule)
- A certification with MAPAQ
- Basic knowledge of the Office Suite
- Team player
- Good Customer Service
- Excellent capacity to work under pressure and capacity to manage stress
- Creative in constructing menus with limited ingredients
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org