Posted On September 9, 2021
Coeur à Soeur Intervention Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Are you interested in the social and professional reinsertion process of women? By joining the Welcome Hall Mission intervention team, you will become partner with the clients and accompany them in their journey. Send us your CV and you will undoubtedly have a great experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Accompany the clients by developing action plans and providing necessary support towards autonomy.
- Plan, prepare and host workshops on life dynamics and on the topic of prevention.
- Ensure the admission of the clients and perform greeting interviews.
- Open client files, update when necessary and follow up regularly.
- Proposes new project that will help develop intervention at the Mission.
- Performs all other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- English and French fluency in both oral and written (Spanish is an asset)
- Proficiency in the Office suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Two (2) years of experience in a similar role is an important asset
- Have obtained one of the following diplomas: College-level nursing care, specialized education, social work or delinquency intervention work, and /or University diploma in School Adaptation, Criminology, Psychoeducation, Psychology, Professional Orientation, Social Work, Sexology, Nursing or Drug Addiction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Sense of responsibility and discretion.
- Problem solving skills.
- Great ability to work in teams and capacity to work under pressure.
- Versatility and adaptability.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com