Posted On October 30, 2018
FULL TIME (37.5 H/WEEK)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Under the supervision of the Director, Stakeholder Engagement, the Communications Advisor develops a communication plan to supply and unite in a coherent and structured way the various Welcome Hall Mission (WHM) communication platforms. The position is responsible for managing all WHM communications and designing related content to ensure the maintenance of the WHM brand image. The Communications Advisor also collaborates in planning, organizing and animating key MBA events.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate the communication plan, aligned with the strategic vision and with the WHM branding;
· Manage various WHM communications platforms: website, social media, digital platforms, advertising, monthly newsletters, brochures, internal communications, public relations, etc.;· Design and broadcast content for the various WHM communication platforms;
- Manage and maintain up-to-date and relevant information in the field of community action, the fight against poverty and social exclusion in order to supply the contents of the various WHM platforms;
· Monitor, adapt and update digital platforms, social networks and the WHM website;· Stimulate and optimize the visibility of WHM on the various communication platforms;· Monitor performance indicators to analyze and measure the scope of the communication plan;· Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the communications field;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- College-level diploma (DEC) in communications, marketing or other relevant field;
- English and French fluency in both oral and written;
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience, especially in communication strategy, brand positioning and/or website management, social media and digital platforms;
- Mastery of social networks and the web;
- SEO and writing for the web knowledge is an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Mastery of MailChimp is an asset;
· Excellent ability to write specialized texts adapted to the target audience;· Very good ability to develop creative, moving and attractive content;· Meaningful knowledge of issues such as homelessness in Montreal, food security or politics is an asset;
· Ability to work independently and in a team;· Professionalism, dynamism, creativity and interpersonal skills;· Ability to work with short timeframes;· Great organizational and priority management skills.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com