Posted On September 9, 2019
Community Planning and Development Officer
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
You are recognized for your analytical skills and you wish to take on new challenges? You feel concerned by groups affected by addiction, marginalization and isolation and would like to get involved in answering their needs? If that is the case, the Community Planning and Development Officer is the dream job for you.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Gathers pertinent information in order to identify and analyse the needs and specific problematics of the identified focus groups.
- In collaboration with the different parties involved, including the Intervention and Accompaniment team, plans, builds, organizes and evaluated community actions to be taken in order to respond to the needs and problems of the focus groups.
- Defines and puts in place a framework that promotes the preservation of the alignment of the different services and programs.
- Forms alliances partnerships to promote multidisciplinary engagement.
- Takes part in various research projects and studies to further the knowledge on the different issues affecting the focus groups.
- Performs any other related task.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Communications, Public Relations, Psychosociology, Cultural Animation or any other related and pertinent training.
- Possess three (3) years of pertinent experience in the field of community engagement.
- Fluency in French and English both spoken and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness for teamwork and partnership building.
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural context.
- Judgement skills, integrity and emotional intelligence
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*