Posted On May 28, 2021
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you the master chef of your family? If you are motivated and interested in combining your culinary talents with helping Montrealers in need, send your application now!
WHY WELCOME HALL MISSION?
- 5 guaranteed hours per week and a stable schedule
- Group insurance (medical and dental)
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Vacation bank and annual bank of 12 days days off
- Healthy and safe work environment, concern for wellness
- Dynamic, creative and teamwork environment
- Accessible by public transportation and access to a parking lot
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Daily preparation of meals
- Plans the production schedule
- Ensures the set up and service of meals
- Manages the food stocks (inventory, orders, reception)
- Cleans all work surfaces and kitchen equipment
- Executes all other related tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years of cooking or catering experience is required (asset)
- A diploma, certification or attestation in cooking or hotel industry
- Flexible (rotating evening and weekend schedule)
- A certification with MAPAQ (asset)
- Knowledge of the Office Suite
- Team player
- Good Customer Service
- Excellent capacity to work under pressure and capacity to manage stress
- Creative in constructing menus with limited ingredients
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org