Posted On November 16, 2021
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission is the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. We provide hope through concrete actions and effective solutions that include helping people experiencing homelessness find permanent housing and by supporting young single mothers and young people living in precarious situations. By preparing and serving 4700 meals each week and providing more than 3000 families with free, healthy and nutritious groceries in our two Marché Bon Accueil locations, Welcome Hall Mission offers the largest direct food security program to the public in Quebec. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you will restore hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you the master chef of your family? If you are motivated and interested in combining your culinary talents with helping Montrealers in need, send your application now!
WHY WELCOME HALL MISSION?
- 37,5 guaranteed hours per week and a stable schedule
- Group insurance (medical and dental)
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Vacation bank and annual bank of 12 days days off
- Healthy and safe work environment, concern for wellness
- Dynamic, creative and teamwork environment
- Accessible by public transportation and access to a parking lot
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Daily preparation of meals
- Plans the production schedule
- Ensures the set up and service of meals
- Manages the food stocks (inventory, orders, reception)
- Cleans all work surfaces and kitchen equipment
- Executes all other related tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years of cooking or catering experience is required (asset)
- A diploma, certification or attestation in cooking or hotel industry
- Flexible (rotating evening and weekend schedule)
- A certification with MAPAQ (asset)
- Knowledge of the Office Suite
- Team player
- Good Customer Service
- Excellent capacity to work under pressure and capacity to manage stress
- Creative in constructing menus with limited ingredients
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org