Posted On June 18, 2020
Full Time - Permanent and Contractual (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you the master chef in your family? Are you looking for a position where you can practice your passion for cooking while helping the less fortunate? By working as a Cook for Welcome Hall Mission, you would be a part of the 244 681 meals that are served each year. A warm meal can change a life.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Daily preparation of meals
- Plans the production schedule
- Ensures the set up and service of meals
- Manages the food stocks (inventory, orders, reception)
- Cleans all work surfaces and kitchen equipment
- Executes all other related tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years of cooking or catering experience is required
- A diploma, certification or attestation in cooking or hotel industry
- Flexible (rotating evening and weekend schedule)
- A certification with MAPAQ
- Knowledge of the Office Suite
- Team player
- Good Customer Service
- Excellent capacity to work under pressure and capacity to manage stress
- Creative in constructing menus with limited ingredients
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*