Posted On February 26, 2019
Development Officer (Major Gifts and Planned Giving)
Development and Public Relations
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who do not have any. You also help people reintegrate society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you known for your ability to communicate? Do you love people and enjoy developing relationships with them? We are looking for a creative, detailed-oriented person to help mobilize our donors, and ensure they get proper recognition for their contribution. Join our team at Welcome Hall Mission and you will actively contribute to the excellence of our donors’ experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Oversee a portfolio of major gifts and planned giving donors and prospects. Act as the primary relationship manager to cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and identifying those with an interest in our work, engaging with them, soliciting and closing major gifts, and nurturing donor relationships to uncover opportunities for growth.
- In collaboration with the Development Team, develop and implement identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and goals for long-term growth of major gifts and planned giving donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with the Development Team, develop cultivation and stewardship tools for use with major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors.
- Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors and prospects, and participate in donor cultivation activities.
- Work with Development Team to help organize donor engagement events.
- Track and report on portfolio activity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have a university degree in a relevant field.
- Three years of relevant related experience in major gift fundraising or planned giving with proven experience in development, strategic thinking and understanding of the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills in both English and French.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Act! and ProDon (or other donor management systems).
- Ability to network, proven ability to develop relationships and manage a caseload of 200 qualified donors.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, results-driven environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision autonomously.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to exercise emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*