Posted On September 27, 2019
Drug Addiction Intervention Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Are you interested in the social and professional rehabilitation and reinsertion process of homeless men? By joining Welcome Hall Mission intervention team, you will become partner with the client and be engaged in his success. You will also be responsible for the supervision of interns that have chosen Welcome Hall Mission for their internship. Send us your resume and you will undoubtedly have a great experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Revise the general information on the client and prepare admission reports
- Accompany the clients by developing action plans and providing necessary support
- Guide and assist client towards social services and existing external resources
- Meet with client to evaluate their progress, encourage them and discuss encountered problems and difficulties
- Supervise and accompany interns from different schools when needed
- Other administrative tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have obtained one of the following diplomas: College-level nursing care, specialized education, social work or delinquency intervention work, and /or University diploma in School Adaptation, Criminology, Psychoeducation, Psychology, Professional Orientation, Social Work, Sexology, Nursing or Drug Addiction.
- Have followed one or all of the following trainings in the last two (2) years (an asset): estimation de la dangerosité du passage à l’acte suicidaire, estimation du risque de sevrage, évaluation de la gravité de la toxicomanie, estimation du risque de détérioration de l’état général de santé physique, estimation du risque d’homicide, évaluation des besoins en réinsertion sociale.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience homeless people and/or people dealing with mental health issues and drug addiction.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in workshop animation.
- Be fluent in English and French both oral and written.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Sense of responsibility and discretion.
- Problem solving skills.
- Great ability to work in teams and capacity to work under pressure.
- Versatility and adaptability
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*