Posted On November 16, 2021
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission is the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. We provide hope through concrete actions and effective solutions that include helping people experiencing homelessness find permanent housing and by supporting young single mothers and young people living in precarious situations. By preparing and serving 4700 meals each week and providing more than 3000 families with free, healthy and nutritious groceries in our two Marché Bon Accueil locations, Welcome Hall Mission offers the largest direct food security program to the public in Quebec. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you will restore hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
You are recognized as a hardworking person with manual skills? You have abilities for doing renovations work and you want your job to have a positive impact? As a General Labourer at Welcome Hall Mission, your work helps our clients feel dignified and proud. Join us on the adventure and send us your application!
WHY WELCOME HALL MISSION
- Daytime work from Monday to Friday and stable schedule
- Group insurance (medical and dental)
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Vacation bank plus an additional bank of 12 days off
- Healthy and safe work environment, concern for wellness
- Dynamic, creative and collegial work environment
- Accessible by public transportation and access to a parking
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Perform minor repairs (plumbing, carpentry, mechanics)
- Basic carpentry, electricity and renovations tasks
- Painting tasks
- Equipment maintenance
- General maintenance and janitorial tasks
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in carpentry, plumbing, heating.
- A diploma in General Building Maintenance is an asset.
- Spoken French, spoken English is an asset.
- Possess physical health in relation to job requirements.
- Flexible and versatile;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Thorough, detail-oriented and autonomous;
- Team player;
- Good manual skills and dexterity.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com