Posted On November 20, 2020
Human Resources Technician
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
You are Human Resources Technician, you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and you want to work for a great cause? Join our Human Resources team and become the Department’s payroll and administrative management resource person. If you have an inquisitive mind and a great sense of organization and want to work in a constantly changing environment, send in your application right away!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- In partnership with the Finance Department, perform the complete payroll cycle with respect to HR components;
- Act as the main resource for all payroll related questions; follow up with managers and employees;
- Ensure the proper administrative management of the group insurance program and the pension plan; answer employees’ questions;
- Manage absences and SST cases in liaison with government authorities, our insurer and our prevention mutual;
- Keep the various HR tools up to date and produce HR data reports;
- Support and process HR communication by writing memos, emails, letters, employment contracts, etc.;
- Participate in the greeting and integration of new employees; ensure the administrative management of employee files;
- If necessary, participate in the sorting of applications and conduct phone interviews;
- Perform any other task in support of the team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- College Diploma in one of the following fields: Human Resources, Administration, or any other training deemed relevant;
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Excellent mastery of the concepts of compensation and benefits, Labour laws, occupational health and safety, employment insurance, etc.;
- Bilingualism (excellent oral and written skills in French and English);
- Good knowledge of the Office suite;
- Knowledge of the Nethris platform (an asset).
- Very good organizational skills and great ability to set priorities while maintaining a high level of efficiency;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Open to working in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate flexibility;
- Meticulous, discreet and have good judgment;
- Demonstrate autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness;
- Great ease with administrative work.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org