Posted On September 28, 2018
Drug Addiction Intervention Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full-time (37.5h/week)- Fixed contract
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Are you interested in the rehabilitation, social and professional reinsertion process of the homeless population? By joining our intervention team, you will become partner with the client and engaged in his success. In addition, you will be one of the people responsible of the supervision of the interns who have chosen Welcome Hall Mission as their internship organization. Send us your application and you will undoubtedly have a great experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Admission of the new clients in the rehabilitation program;
- Creation, animation and coordination of group workshops;
- Meet with client to develop action plans, evaluate their progress, encourage them and discuss encountered problems and difficulties;·
- Supervise and support the interns from different schools, if applicable;
- Related administrative tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have obtained one of the following diplomas: College-level nursing care, specialized education, social work or delinquency intervention work, and /or University diploma in School Adaptation, Criminology, Psychoeducation, Psychology, Professional Orientation, Social Work, Sexology, Nursing or Drug Addiction.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with a homeless population and/or a population with mental health and drug addictions issues;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in workshops animation
- English and French fluency in both oral and written;
- Proficiency in Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sense of responsibility and discretion
- Problem solving skills
- Great ability to work in teams and capacity to work under pressure
- Versatility and adaptability
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.