Posted On June 6, 2019
Intervention Support Worker (Summer Job)
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (30h/week), Contractual
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
You are a student in intervention and are looking for a job this summer? If you wish to make a difference in people’s lives, then this position is the opportunity you are looking for! Join our Intervention and Accompaniment team to greet and accompany our clients. If you would like to be a part of an unforgettable summer, send us your application!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Greets and accompany our clients so that they may use our different services.
- Supports our security team during meals, in the morning and at night.
- Supports our Intervention Workers in their different administrative tasks.
- Participates in the preparation of different activities.
- Performs any other related duties.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Aged between 15 and 30 years old (inclusively) at the start of the employment.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken French and English.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a similar position.
- Registered as a full time student during the previous school year
- Intending to return as a full time student in the next school year
- Education field in Social Work, Delinquency or Substance Addiction.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good listening and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage crisis situations.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*