Posted On March 6, 2019
Intervention Support Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking to work in a stimulating and challenging environment? Team work excites you and you want to help people in need? Join our intervention support team to intervene on the front lines with our 200 clients served on daily basis. If you have a flexible schedule and a great motivation, send us your application without delay!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Greeting clients and visitors
- Surveillance and supervision of premises
- Managing crisis situations and maintaining order
- Refer clients to appropriate internal resources
- Maintaining the incident log and writing reports
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Spoken English and French
- Basic knowledge of Office Suite
- A valid licence delivered by the Bureau de la sécurité privée
- A valid CNESST first aid certification is a great asset
- Flexible to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Good aptitudes for customer service
- Problem solving skills
- Proper and relevant judgement
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Versatility and adaptability to change
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*