Posted On October 30, 2019
Intervention and Accompaniment
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Do you wish to take on new challenges and work with people who are experiencing homelessness? Join the Welcome Hall Mission intervention team for the winter period to participate in the frontline accompaniment of our clients. Send us your CV and you will undoubtedly have an enriching experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Greet clients and enter their profile in our database.
- Accompany clients to their rooms for the night.
- Ensure the well-being of the clients for the duration of their stay.
- Refer clients to the appropriate resources and according to their needs.
- Accompany clients in taking the next step in their lives.
- Performs all other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- English and French fluency in both oral and written (Spanish is an asset)
- Proficiency in the Office suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Two (2) years of experience in a similar role is an important asset
- Have obtained one of the following diplomas: College-level nursing care, specialized education, social work or delinquency intervention work, and /or University diploma in School Adaptation, Criminology, Psychoeducation, Psychology, Professional Orientation, Social Work, Sexology, Nursing or Drug Addiction.
- Available to work night shifts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Sense of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
- Problem solving skills.
- Great ability to work in teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage crisis situations.
- Comfortable working with clients that might be intoxicated or living with mental illness; Comfortable working with animals.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive hourly rate of 23$.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*