Posted On February 20, 2019
Montreal North Marché Bon Accueil and Multiservices
Full time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for a stimulating job where you will be able to contribute to a great cause? Do you wish to work in a dynamic environment and be a part of a team? If so, then our Laborer position is for you! As Laborer, you will actively participate in the distribution of our food donations at the Montreal-North Marché Bon Accueil. You will also be responsible for keeping our facilities impeccable for our clients at all times. You are a hard worker who is not afraid of challenges? Join our team today!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Places products in the designated areas (refrigerator, freezer, etc.).
- Places products in the designated areas during food distribution and restocks the missing products when needed.
- Takes the inventory of the products after each food distribution.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the Marché before, during and after each food distribution.
- Is responsible for all tasks related to general maintenance.
- Assumes other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have a High School Diploma.
- Have a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in spoken French and English.
- Be in good physical condition (able to carry weights of up to 25 kg).
- Be able to work in a cold work environment (up to -18C).
- Be comfortable with working while standing for many hours.
- Initiative, autonomy and judgement.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities.
- Good team player and ability to communicate well with colleagues.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*