Posted On August 26, 2021
Full Time (37,5 hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
You are recognized as a hardworking person with manual skills? You have abilities for doing renovations work and you want your job to have a positive impact? As a General Labourer at Welcome Hall Mission, your work helps our clients feel dignified and proud. Join us on the adventure and send us your application!
Primary duties and responsibilities
· Perform minor repairs (plumbing, carpentry, mechanics).· Basic carpentry, electricity and renovations tasks· Painting tasks· Equipment maintenance.· General maintenance and janitorial tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in carpentry, plumbing, heating.
- A diploma in General Building Maintenance is an asset.
- Spoken French, spoken English is an asset.
- Possess physical health in relation to job requirements.
- Flexible and versatile;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Thorough, detail-oriented and autonomous;
- Team player;
- Good manual skills and dexterity.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org