Posted On November 17, 2020
Marchés Bon Accueil Coordination Agent
Marché Bon Accueil
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you known for your great sense of customer service and versatility? Become Coordination Agent for the Marché Bon Accueil. As Coordination Agent, you will act as an ambassador of the Mission for our volunteer troops! You will be responsible for their greeting, training and supervision throughout their volunteering day. You will also be responsible for supporting and assisting the Marché Bon Accueil team in the smooth running of activities related to food distribution. If you enjoy helping people and want to evolve in a dynamic work environment, this job is for you!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Mobilizes, motivates and encourages volunteers by greeting and integrating them at the beginning of the day.
- Provides training and coaching to volunteers throughout their shift.
- Acts as an ambassador of the Mission through a high level of customer service and by offering volunteers a most rewarding experience.
- Must understand the intrinsic motivations of volunteers and be able to relate them to the values and objectives of the Mission.
- Performs all other related duties.
- See to the greeting and satisfaction of customers in harmony with the values of the Mission.
- Ensures the smooth running of food distribution and manages conflicts when necessary.
- Performs various administrative tasks related to the operation of Marché Bon Accueil.
- Takes part in the replenishment of the Marché.
- Participates in the assembly, dismantling and maintenance of the Marché during distribution.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have an experience of two (2) years in a role involving customer service.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience supervising groups; volunteer management is an asset.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English; a third language is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Available to work in St-Henri and Montreal North (no travel required between the 2 sites on the same day).
- Ability to mobilize a group towards a common goal.
- Ability to personify the values and purpose of the Mission
- Ability to train and supervise a group of people and adapt one’s speech to each person.
- Ability to provide an outstanding customer service and client/volunteer experience
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict situations with clients and/or volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a marginalized clientele.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong sense of organization and priorities.
- Ability to stand for several hours.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com