Posted On June 18, 2020
Projet Logement Montréal (PLM) Intervention Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (40h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Are you interested in the social and professional reinsertion process of the homeless population? By joining the Welcome Hall Mission PLM intervention team, you will become partner with the participant and engaged in his success. If you like to move, be on the road and that every workday is different; send us your resume right away!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Make home visits to the participants;
- Accompany the participants by offering them a personalized service for them to keep their housing, for as long as possible;
· Refer the participants towards social services and existing external resources;
- Develop and maintain relationships with different partners and external organizations;
- Participate in the recruiting of the participants;
- Do daily planning, write reports and maintain statistics.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- English and French fluency in both oral and written;
- Three (3) years of experience working with a homeless population and/or a population living with mental health issues or addiction;
- Have obtained a university degree in Social work, Criminology, Psychology, Drug Addiction or any other related field;
- Be available for daily visits at the participants’ housing;
- Knowledge of the Office Suite and SISA software;
- Adequacy with the values of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Great organization skills and sense of autonomy;
- Strong problem solving and crisis management skills;
- Great ability for team work;
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*