Posted On June 18, 2020
Referral and Accompaniment Intervention Worker
Intervention and Accompaniment
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you recognized for your compassion and desire to help others? Are you interested in the social and professional reinsertion process of homeless men? By joining the Welcome Hall Mission intervention team, you will become partner with the client and engaged in his success. Send us your CV and you will undoubtedly have a great experience.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Conduct interviews and file openings for new clients in order to identify needs and ensure an appropriate referral
- Ensure individual intervention and accompaniment for a case load of 20 clients
- Participate in the organization and animation of activities and group sessions for prevention
- Propose and develop projects for the continuous improvement of the intervention programs
- Meet with client to evaluate their progress, encourage them and discuss encountered problems and difficulties
- Maintain up to date statistics and write reports on the clients
- Performs any other related task
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have obtained a college level degree or equivalent training in one of the following fields: Psychosocial Intervention, Social Work, Drug Addiction, Criminology, Psychoeducation, Psychology, School Adaptation, Guidance Counselling, Nursing, Sexology
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar role is an important asset
- English and French fluency in both oral and written
- Proficiency with the Office suite and with the SISA software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sense of responsibility and discretion
- Problem solving skills
- Great ability to work in teams and capacity to work under pressure
- Versatility and adaptability
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*