Posted On June 25, 2019
Intervention and Accompaniment
2 Positions (1 Full Time, 1 Part Time)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for an inviting work environment that will combine your training as a security agent and a client-oriented work approach? By joining our security team, you become an on-site contact for both clients and employees of the organization. If you are searching for a dynamic workplace and wish to contribute your talents to our great cause, this is the dream job for you.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Maintains order and intervene where necessary to ensure compliance with the organization rules and guidelines for staff, visitors, clients and premises.
- Ensures the protection of the premises and intervenes in cases of emergency.
- Monitors intrusion detection systems using automated alarm or video surveillance software.
- Oversees the distribution of medication to the clients.
- Controls access to the building and inspects client’s bags.
- Observes and reports on activities or incidents inside the building.
- Writes activity and incident reports and updates the registers
- Performs any other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Possess a valid security guard license delivered by the Bureau de la sécurité privée.
- Possess a valid CNESST first aid certification.
- Possess one (1) year of experience in a security position.
- Fluent in spoken French and English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Judgement skills and autonomous.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of respect and professionalism.
- Experience in crisis management.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*