Posted On January 10, 2019
Multi-service center and Macaulay emergency shelter
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you a leader? Do you wish to take on new challenges in a stimulating work environment? As security coordinator, you would be responsible of managing our security agent team as well as improving our practices in terms of security. If you are searching for a dynamic workplace and you wish to contribute your talents to our great cause, this is the dream job for you.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Supervises, coordinates the team and ensures the training of our security agents
- Ensures that the safety rules are applied in accordance with our policies
- Monitors and protects the premises: video surveillance, patrols, interventions
- Participates in the Mission’s safety committee
- Suggests and puts in place safety measures to ensure the constant improvement of our practices
- Writes different security reports and conducts research if needed
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Possess a valid security guard license delivered by the Bureau de la sécurité privée
- Possess a valid CNESST first aid certification
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a security position that involves team management (10-15 people)
- Fluency in French and English both spoken and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Excellent observational and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deal with change
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural context
- High level of professionalism
- Experience in crisis management: emergency measures and fire safety
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a great benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*