Posted On October 14, 2020
Senior Stewardship Officer
Development and Communications
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Do you have excellent communication skills and a natural talent for developing and maintaining relations? By joining our Development and Communications’ team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the long-term engagement and recognition of Welcome Hall Mission donors. As Senior Stewardship Officer, you will primarily be responsible for the stewardship activities pertaining to Major Gift Campaigns, increasing donor loyalty and increasing our major donor base. If you want to participate in the creation of meaningful opportunities to engage donors and have a long-lasting impact on the Welcome Hall Mission’s current and future donors, this is the position for you!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Engage with and support the Leadership Team in the fundraising process by managing and developing all stewardship and recognition programs for the Mission’s highest-level donors;
- Ensure that donors are recognized and stewarded in ways that are meaningful to them, and in accordance with the Mission’s philosophy, policy and budget, thereby strengthening donor relationships with the Mission;
- Develop cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of the organization’s most important prospects and donors;
- Work with the Director of Development to develop a strategy and build a pipeline for new six figure prospects from outside the organization’s existing donor pool;
- Proactively coordinate all requirements to fulfill stewardship plans, including collateral and ad development, upkeep of information, story development, quotes, bookings, etc. as required;
- Perform all other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate and related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a stewardship/relationship building environment at a senior level;
- Extensive experience working with Senior Corporate and Foundation Executives in a relationship capacity and particularly in Communications/PR environments;
- Proven record of accomplishments.
- Superior interpersonal and listening skills and the proven ability to develop and negotiate complex relationship and proposals in person and in writing with a diverse portfolio of donors as well as collaborate with colleagues;
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with high level donors and prospects as well and instill trust with present and future donors;
- Excellent oral and written skills in both English and French;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to assess and meet deadlines and schedule own work appropriately;
- Understand and respect the confidential nature of financial information and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com