Posted On February 28, 2019
Team Leader, Montreal-North Market
Welcome Hall Mission Montreal-North Market and Multiservices
Full Time (37,5hours/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you considered a versatile person who does not shy away from challenges? Do you wish to contribute to a great cause and evolve in a dynamic work environment? Become Team Leader for our brand new Welcome Hall Mission Market located in Montreal-North! As Team Leader, your role will be to ensure the smooth running of operations for each step of the food distribution process as well as supervise volunteers and employees. In addition, you will have to ensure that each customer receives personalized service that is adapted to his needs. If you love to help people and you want to work in a growing workplace, this is the job for you!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the activities for the preparation of food distribution (unloading trucks, organizing the warehouse, inventory, etc.).
- Ensures that food distributions run smoothly.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of volunteers and employees; provides training.
- Ensures client satisfaction and provides a client experience that is in harmony with the Mission’s values.
- Performs other related tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- Be bilingual (French and English)
- Be in good physical condition (able to carry weights up to 25 pounds)
- Be able to work in a cold work environment (up to -18C)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Show initiative, autonomy and judgement.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to solve problems.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a team.
- Possess emotional intelligence.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*