Posted On November 20, 2018
Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
Full Time (37.5 H/week)
606 De Courcelle St.
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you known for your ability to plan? Do you love people and enjoy developing relationships with them? We need an organized, detailed-oriented person to assist our Volunteer Coordinator in their daily administrative tasks. You will have a key role in the support to the multi-campus Mission programs that depend on volunteer involvement. Join our team at Welcome Hall Mission and you will actively contribute to the excellence of our volunteers’ experience!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and plan the various administrative tasks in connection with the volunteer activities via our volunteer management software (the software) as well as by phone and email;
- As the software is being implemented, provide customer and technical support to volunteers in using the software;
- Write and prepare various administrative documents according to the needs of the team;
- Active participation in the orientation, integration and recognition of the volunteers;
- Maintain calendar for the Volunteer Coordinator.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Diploma in Office Technology, in Secretarial Studies or other acceptable equivalent;
- 1 and 3 years of professional experience in a similar role or a combination of relevant experience in general administrative support tasks and in customer service;
- Experience using the volunteer management software Better Impact or other similar software;
- English and French fluency in both oral and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge with donor management software such as ProDon or Raiser’s Edge is an important asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks;
- Customer service mindset with strong interpersonal skills;
- Detail-oriented and rigorous;
- Ability to assess needs, implement changes and measure results in a specific context;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org