Posted On March 4, 2021
Volunteer Programs Coordinator
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you an energetic person who knows how to motivate troops and wants to help Montrealers in need? Our position of Volunteer Programs Coordinator is for you! In partnership with the Volunteer Center Supervisor, you will be called upon to establish volunteer positions based on organizational needs, oversee the volunteer recruitment and selection process, ensure the integration, training and supervision of volunteers, and coordinate volunteer recognition and retention activities in the field. Join our team and become a true ambassador of volunteering at Welcome Hall Mission!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Oversees the recruitment and screening process for volunteer needs;
- With the Supervisor, oversees the development and implementation of the volunteer reception and integration process;
- Coordinates the arrival of volunteers, sees to the reception, integration and supervision of volunteers;
- With the Supervisor, sees to the development and implementation of the training and evaluation component and maintains the quality of the volunteers’ work;
- Manages volunteers’ questions and complaints, and escalates them to the Supervisor as needed;
- Ensures a volunteer experience of excellence and MBA-like quality and evaluates the satisfaction of the volunteer experience;
- Conducts site visits to present MBA;
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, coordinates volunteer recognition and retention activities in the field;
- Performs any other related duties.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- College level diploma in an appropriate field of studies;
- 3 years of professional experience in volunteer management or any other related experience;
- English and French fluency both oral and written;
- Proficiency in the Office suite; knowledge of a volunteer managing software is an asset.
- Very good organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible, creative and able to adapt easily to different situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire for teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to work under pressure and multi task.
- Self-sufficient, responsible and shows initiative.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com