Posted On October 9, 2020
Volunteer Programs Supervisor
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate society and find employment, provide assistance for at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you to put your strategic and business development skills to good use while helping Montrealers in need? In that case, our Volunteer Programs Supervisor is for you! As Volunteer Programs Supervisor, you will participate in the development, implementation, management and evaluation of the Volunteer Center’s development, retention and business planning strategies to ensure an interesting volunteer program aligned with Welcome Hall Mission’s culture, mission, vision and values. You will be responsible for increasing the strength of Welcome Hall Mission volunteer team and retaining existing current volunteers through an outstanding volunteering experience. Join our team and become a true ambassador for volunteering at Welcome Hall Mission!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Seize and develop volunteering opportunities to respond to the different levels of volunteering needs of the organization: individual, corporate, group, expertise;
- To implement an attractive volunteering program aligned with the mission, vision and values of the organization in order to offer an adapted, innovative and distinctive volunteering experience;
- Implement a volunteer recognition program that reinforces the satisfaction and ongoing recognition of volunteers in order to make them volunteering ambassador ;
- Supervise and work in partnership with the Volunteer Center in all of her functions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have a university degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role, ideally in customer service (business development experience an asset);
- Any other combination of education and work experience deemed relevant will be considered;
- Oral and written proficiency in both official languages;
- General knowledge of the Office Suite and familiarity with computer tools.
- Good analytical skills and ability to rigorously develop strategies, programs and procedures consistent with the work context;
- Good ability to conduct a needs assessment, implement changes, and measure results in a specific context;
- Strong sense of collaborative leadership;
- Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Sense of hospitality and appreciation of quality customer service;
- Problem solving skills and ability to adapt to change;
- High degree of autonomy and initiative.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Home Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com