Posted On September 10, 2019
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Our cause speaks to you and you wish to give back to the community? You have experience in warehouse supervision and you are looking for a dynamic workplace? If so, our Warehouse Supervisor position is for you! As Warehouse Supervisor, you will be in charge of stock management and will participate in the continuous improvement of the Mission’s processes and operational procedures.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Ensures the accuracy of food inventory, Coordinates the logistics of the food distribution for the St-Henry and Montreal North Markets
- Performs staff training
- Provides cross-training for employees
- Coordinates the inventory cycle count
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the resources and activities of the food warehouse (receptions, orders).
- Analyzes the work, processes and procedures; proposes improvements to increase efficiency
- Loading, unloading, packing, unpacking, counting and moving products by hand or using the forklift, electric jigger or other
- Supervises and coordinates the work of employees and volunteers, provides training.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of the work done by volunteers.
- Perform any other related task.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a position that involves supervision.
- Have a college degree or equivalent training.
- Knowledge of a warehouse management software is an asset.
- Good organizational skills and ability to establish priorities.
- Able to work under pressure
- Fluent in spoken French and English; French writing skills are an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced level of Excel).
- Sense of leadership and ability in personnel supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to find appropriate solutions.
- Ability to use judgement when making decisions.
- Proven communicational skills and ability to obtain the collaboration of others.
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*