Posted On August 27, 2019
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for a way to make poverty in Montréal a thing of the past? Are you skilled in logistics and looking for a job? If so, then this Warehouse Worker position is for you! You will be handling one of the two warehouses daily operations and actively participate in stock management.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Determine product codes and count and weigh articles
- Prepare orders for internal and external clients and get articles ready for transport
- Transfer clothing and other articles from the sorting station to inventory
- Drive an electric forklift to store articles
- Check stocks periodically
- Work in the food warehouse and freezers if needed
- Perform other related duties
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a similar position
- Forklift operator certification is an important asset
- Knowledge of WMS or another warehouse management software is an asset
- Good physical condition (able to carry weights of up to 25 kg)
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Fluent in spoken and written French; English skills are an asset
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and versatile
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at email@example.com*