Posted On July 19, 2019
Full Time (37.5 h/week)
Established in 1892, Welcome Hall Mission has become the largest doorway to help for Montrealers in need. Motivated by respect and human dignity, the Mission has developed a wide range of services to tackle the very real issues of social exclusion. When you join the team at Welcome Hall Mission, you will help eliminate hunger in Montreal and help provide housing to people who don’t have are experiencing homelessness. You also help people reintegrate into society and find employment, provide assistance to at-risk moms and work with young people to get them off the street. Through your work at Welcome Hall Mission, you give hope to people who have lost it.
A CAREER THAT SUITS YOU
Are you looking for stimulating job where you will be able to contribute to a great cause? Do you like a dynamic environment and teamwork? If so, then this warehouse worker position is for you! You will actively participate in the weekly reception of our food donations for the Marché Bon Accueil. You are a hard worker who is not afraid of challenges? Join our team today!
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Stocking the food donations
- Prepare orders for internal and external clients and get articles ready for transport
- Do the food rotation in the fridges
- Drive an electric forklift to store articles
- Load and unload the trucks
- Perform other related duties
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a similar position
- Fluent in spoken French; English skills are an asset
- Forklift operator certification is an important asset
- Knowledge of WMS or another warehouse management software is an asset
- Good physical condition (able to carry weights of up to 25 kg)
- Ability to work in a cold environment for long periods of time
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and versatile
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary and benefits
Welcome Hall Mission offers competitive pay and a full benefits package.
JOIN THE TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org*